The AKRA is set to return to Lamar County Speedway, August 18th and 19th 2018. Plans are to have some local option classes that will allow people with MG tires to race that weekend. Complete race schedule will be published when all the details are finalized.
The votes are in and the membership decided to stick with seven board members. So we now are on the hunt for four nominees. There will be a two week period for these nominations, so nominations will close December 13th at 6:00pm. The positions to be filled are as follows:
4 Cycle Director
2 Cycle Director
Director at large.
If you would like to nominate someone, or nominate yourself, please use the contact form on the contact page below:
GSKA MEETING MINUTES
6:40 pm November 21, 2017, Ruby Tuesday’s McDonough, Ga.
Attending: Jeff Bacon, Mike Adkins, Bob Barthelemy
- December 2nd & 3rd Work Days (tower renovation & fence repair)
- December 9th work day (tire barrier renovation & misc.)
- Target election of new BOD members by December 15th
- Club By laws
- To establish and have approved no later than August 2018.
- Discussed potential reinstatement of the forum.
- Jeff Faust willing to help with website updates.
- Discussed and agreed upon putting a poll on the website for the members to weigh in on a need at this time for 7 or 5 total BOD members with note that after this decision, nominations for either 4 or 2 BOD positions will be open
- Jeff Bacon is working with his friend Mike (past member of GSKA) on future improvements to the website.
- GSKA VKA Vintage Winter Nationals
- Dates set for March 15th-17th
- Flyer & Entry form distributed on GSKA and VKA websites and Face Book.
- GSKA 2018 Race Schedule
- BOD agreed on (12) point races and dates for the 2018 schedule (will post on website soon)
- Two dates conflict with AMP’s 2018 schedule (best we could do).
- No response from AMP on GSKA/AMP proposed series (same as last two years).
- Probably won’t be able to get in on the L0206 Cup this year but looking at next year (Vega tires used by series).
- GSKA Marketing
- Jeff Bacon working on 11” X 17” or larger wall calendar of events (sponsored)
- Preliminary planning to do a booth at Petite Lemans and possibly Walter Mitty events.
- 2018 Tires
- Will run MG tires again in 2018.
- Will advertise and encourage our members to run Maxis series races, dates TBD.
- Advertise that karts without MG tires are welcome, but cannot race for points.
- Membership, Race, & Practice fees
- Discussed and agreed upon keeping race fees the same for 2018
- Discussed and agreed upon offering 3, 6, & 12 month practice packages for members only
- Discussed and agreed upon bumping up non-member practice fees.
- Agreed to increase membership fees to $50 per individual and $70 for multiple drivers in a family.
- Discussed urgent need for large sign identifying safety equipement required to drive on track. Jeff and Bob working to get this to print ASAP.
- Tire Prep (added 11/27/2-17)
- Voted to continue to dis-allow the use of tire prep on racing tires. Details to be determined when a full board is seated.
- Adjourned meeting at 9:00 p.m. Minutes compiled by Bob Barthelemy
Mark your calendars for December 2nd, 3rd, and 9th – we’re planning on a few workdays to start improving the track and facilities for the 2018 race season!
The agenda for December 2nd and 3rd includes:
- Scoring tower cleanup and repair
- Tire barrier reorganization
- Fencing repair
- General track cleanup
The agenda for December 9th includes:
- Wrap light poles with tires
- Continue to reorganize tires
- Place new tires along high visibility areas
- Bolt together tires if time permits
Make sure to wear grubby clothes and bring gloves. We will need rakes, shovels, weed eaters, rechargeable drills and impact drivers, blowers etc. Tire delivery has been arraigned and they should arrive by 11:00 on the 9th. Vicki says she will be making lunch on the 2nd. Make sure to bring lots of water to drink. Contact me if you have any comments or questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear GSKA Members,
Concerns were brought to the Board’s attention by club members in regards to the nomination procedures and subsequent election for the 2018 GSKA Board of directors. In addition, during Board discussions, the question was raised if the GSKA actually needs seven directors or can we function just as well with five. It is for this reason that the Board is conducting this poll. Please make a selection in the poll at the bottom of this post. We have two options:
- Should the GSKA Board of Directors continue operating with seven Board members.
- Should the GSKA Board of Directors be reduced to five Board members, eliminating the class director positions.
Because of the need for the GSKA to have a fully populated Board quickly, this poll will close at midnight on November 29th. Once the poll is completed the GSKA will then start requesting nominations to fill either two or four seats. The GSKA would like to be able to hold new elections by the middle of December.
If you have any desire to help the club grow, please contact us via the following link: https://thegska.com/contact-